Galvanized Wire and Its Applications
Galvanized is a type of wire which is manufactured under the chemical process of galvanization. Galvanization is the chemical process in which zinc coating is done to steel or iron in order to prevent rusting. It is the most commonly used method of protecting rust from iron. It is manufactured with low carbon steel, having high tensile strength. Its thickness is measured in a Gauge. Zinc coating protects the surface from corrosion and weathering. The main disadvantage of galvanization is pointed below:
- Basically, it only protects the surface from corrosion for a short period of time unless a zinc layer is available.
- Not works effectively in highly corrosive areas.
- The galvanizing process enhances service life and withstands the negative impact on the environment.
Galvanized wires are available in different types in the market such as
- (GI Wire).
- Hot Dip Galvanized Cable wire
- Fencing High Carbon Steel Wire.
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HDG) Weld wire mesh.
- Hot Dipped Galvanized (HDG) Plated Galvanized Wire.
- Wieldable GI Steel Wire, PVC Coated Wire, etc. Hot dipped galvanized (HDG) wires made in sizes of 0.3mm to 4 mm and having zinc coating.
- High tensile strength
- Excellent flexibility.
- Long life.
- aesthetic looks.
Application of galvanized wire
It is used to Protect a land or plot. GI Wire is strong and durable in nature. It takes more time and effort to cut the wire for thieves. You can use GI wire as a compound wall safety. It is easy to install on the field and also takes very little time.
During the slab casting, The formwork is provided along the edge of the slab so that the concrete can’t flow outside. Therefore, In order to hold the concrete mass, the formwork is tightly tied with Galvanized wire. After 21 days of slab curing the remaining wire are cut. It is used in all kinds of weather, so is often used in the construction industry. We use GI Wire to bind the construction materials such as rebar, formwork, etc.
Other Application Area
- Used to protect agricultural land such as cauliflower, tomatoes, potatoes, onion, etc. Good quality of GI wire enhances life.
- Pulling of wire from pipe (concealed electric wiring and also underground wiring.)
- Used to manufacture animal cages, wire ropes, springs, electrodes, wiring etc.
- Used to suspend or hanging the telephone cable wire.
- Uses in Poultry mesh link fencing. Fine wire mesh, telephone wire etc.