Objective Questions And Answers for All Competitive Exams (Loksewa Sub Engineer, Overseer, Sub Overseer, Central, and Pardesh Level).
Every week 2 NEW Question Sets Will be Uploaded.
- The flexural tensile strength of M15 grade of Concrete is
2. Which code is used for Mild Steel
a. IS 432
b. IS 383
c. IS 1786
d. IS 456-200
3. The slump of pump concrete should be from…?
a. 50 mm-100 mm
b. 0 mm-25 mm
c. 100 mm-150 mm
d. non of these.
4. What is the Maximum cement content (KG/m3 )for Reinforced Concrete Structure As per IS 456-2000?
5. What is Factor of Safety of Concrete subjected under direct compression?
6. What is the Maximum size of Aggregate that can be used in case of No flow restriction?
a. 20 mm.
b. 40 mm.
c. 25 mm.
d. 35 mm.
7. Creep Occurs due
a. Live Load.
b. Dead Load.
c. Earthquake load.
d. Permanent Attached load.
e. Both (b) and (d)
8. Modulus of Elasticity of Concrete increase with
a. Decrease in grade of Concrete.
b. Increase in Grade of Concrete.
c. Increase in Grade of Steel.
d. Decrease in Grade of Steel.
9. What is the value of Poisson’s ratio of steel in elastic state?
10. In Limit State Method, Design Load is equal to
a. Partial Safety factor x Design load.
b. Partial Safety factor x working load.
c. Partial Safety factor x load.
d. Partial Safety factor x Characteristics Load.
Objective Questions And Answers for All Competitive Exams
1 b) 2.71
- The flexural tensile strength of concrete (fcr) = 0.7Ѵfck
- For M15 grade of Concrete, fcr = 0.7Ѵ15 =2.711.
- The Split tensile strength of Concrete = 0.462 Ѵfck.
- The Direct tensile strength of Concrete = 0.35 Ѵfck.
2 Ans a) IS 432
IS 432: Mild Steel.
IS 1786: High Yield Strength Deformed Bars (HYSD).
Indian Standard (IS 383) for Aggregate.
IS: 456-2000: For Reinforced Concrete Structure.
3: c) 100 mm-150 mm
4 d). 450 Kg/ m3
|S.No||Exposure Condition||Minimum Grade of Concrete (RCC)||Minimum Cement Content (Kg/m3)|
|4||Very Severe||M 35||340|
5 c). 4
In Working Stress Method (WSM)
- F.O.S of Concrete Subjected under Bending Compression = 3.
- Factor of safety of Concrete Subjected under Direct Compression = 4.
- F.O.S of Steel =1.8
In Limit State Method (LSM)
- Partial Safety Factor of Concrete =1.5
- Partial Safety Factor of Steel =1.15
6 Ans: b)
- Generally the nominal size of aggregate used up to 20 mm.
- Maximum size of aggregate in case of No flow restriction is 40 mm.
- Maximum size of Aggregate shall not be more than 1/4 th of the thickness of Member.
7 Ans: e)
- Creep means at constant stress, continuously increase in strain is called creep.
- It is Time dependent phenomenon.
- It occurs due to dead load and Permanent attached load.
- Creep Coefficient (Ө) = Ultimate Creep Strain / Elastic strain.
8 Ans: b)
- Modulus of concrete (Ec) = 5000*Ѵfck (As per IS 456-2000), so Ec α fck.
- Modulus of concrete (Ec) = 5700*Ѵfck, (As per IS 456-1987) so Ec α fck.
9 Ans: b)
- Poisson’s ratio of steel in elastic state = 0.3
- Poisson’s ratio of steel in plastic state = 0.5
10 Ans: c)
- In the case of LSM, Design Load = Partial Safety Factor x Characteristics Load.
- In the Case of WSM, Working Load = Characteristics Load.